We always have clothing, toys, and books, and often we have baby equipment and bedding. Text or email us with the clothing sizes and genders of the children you are raising, and we will provide as much as we can.
Here’s what we typically have available:
- Children’s and teens’ tops (t-shirts, shirts, sweaters, hoodies) in most sizes
- Children’s and teens’ pants (jeans, sweats, shorts, and others) in most sizes
- Some pajamas, underwear, socks, light jackets and winter jackets
- Some children’s and teens’ shoes
- Some baby equipment (such as high chairs, carryalls, potty chairs and seats)
- Toys and stuffed animals
- Children’s and teens’ books
- Some bedding (sheets, blankets)
If you have a specific request, and you aren’t sure whether we have it, just ask!
We welcome donations of new and gently used clothing, toys, books, linens, and baby equipment such as seats, swings, high chairs, and strollers. We know the foster families receiving your items will very much appreciate your donations!
What we need most includes:
- Clothing (all types) for little boys, sizes 4-6
- Clothing (all types) for little girls, sizes 6 and 10-12
- Toys that encourage child development and learning.
While we appreciate donations of many kinds, here are some items that we won’t be able to accept:
- Any items that are severely stained or dirty
- Bedding other than some sheets and blankets
- Adult clothes in styles that teens are unlikely to want to wear
The Foster Closet of Bloomington was started by three women with a long-held interest in supporting foster families. So far, we’ve served 500 children in 220 families.Learn more